Laurels of 2017-18
Technotsav is GEC AJMER's annual technical festival, organized by the students on a non¬profit basis. It consists of competitions, exhibitions, workshops and seminars on robotics, programming and other technical, management and social sectors; along with entertainment programs which usually have a technical basis.
SPORTS FEST (COMBAT)
COMBAT is the national-level annual sports festival of GEC AJMER, organized under the aegis of GEC AJMER COMBAT. The event has both inter-college & intra-college matches.
Formed in 2015, the GEC AJMER Alumni Association. The Alumni Association carries out various activities throughout the year for the benefit of the students studying in GEC AJMER. Annual Alumni meet and Sports meet is conducted every year to bring the alumni together and give an opportunity to the students to interact with these alumni.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF STUDENTS
- Human Values- Moral values are peculiar to humans and are therefore referred to as human Values. To be human is to have rational conceptions of Truth, Beauty and Goodness. Our students tried to conceptualize this and to experience theoretical concepts in reality. They understand the basic aim of this subject, engineers’ duties and responsibilities, expectation of society from an engineer and marched towards the fulfillment of their duties. They initiated various activities related to social, aesthetical, empathetical values.
- They chose to visit old age homes, orphanage, blind school, apna ghar, deaf and dumb school and the like paces. They felt their pain, they made them laugh, they taught them playing football, and they took various eatables and other items with them to share with them. While doing so they shared happiness, they took blessings and they promised to visit and spend time in future also.
- They made beautiful nests and water pots for birds, learning the concept of co-existence.
- They made charts on life of various personalities Swami Vivekanand, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Maharana Pratap, Udham Singh, Guru Gobind Singh, Abdul Kalam, Veer Sawarkar ,Bhagat Singh, Swai Man Singh . All these great persons are epitome of positive human values.
- One group prepared chart about various beautiful places of Kashmir and one group on forts of Rajasthan.
- New building map directions and quotation charts were also been prepared.
- Clean college group made dustbins.
- Hellen Keller group collected waste pens to be used in future.
- They have started campaign not to waste food as food for all sabke liye ann. We are planning to make this as the signature campaign of our college.
- Bharat kee veer group gave information regarding how we can contribute for soldiers.
- Save Girls and Strengthen Girls – group tried to aware people that issue is not only about saving the girl child but how to make them strong so that they can fight with every problem, to save them from domestic violence , eve teasing, and other cruel crimes. Rather protecting them making them strong is necessary.
- Doing these activities simultaneously they were ready for zid karo dasha badlo they converted the undeveloped land into a beautiful garden. Students started cleaning with the land digging and preparing the land for plants with the help and guidance of Horticulture coordinator. Beautification has been done by painting the stones and tyres.
Creative Art Society (2017-18)
Creative art society organizes a large number of technical, cultural, literary and other educational and informative programmes throughout the year to foster the all round development of the students.
The programmes are organized by the students under the guidance of faculty coordinators and advisors. For the smooth functioning of the society, the faculty coordinators invite nomination from students to be the overall coordinators for the society. These coordinators act as facilitators and help in the planning and organization of events throughout the year.
Coordinators and volunteers for specific events like Tarangini and Freshers were selected separately. A large number of events were organized throughout the year.
A highlight of major events organized during the academic session 2017-18 are as follows:
- A formal welcome of first year students of B. Tech. MBA and MCA (Freshers 2K17) along with the teacher’s day celebration was organized on 05/09/2017.
- Poster making competition on voter’s awareness was organized on 23/01/2018.
- A nukad natak on voter’s awareness was organized on 24/01/2018.
- CAS along with its student coordinators and other students contributed towards” Human chain of voters of Ajmer” containing a sum of 25050 participants for the purpose of oath ceremony on national voters day i.e. 25/01/2018.
- Literary events: Ashu Kavya Rachana (Hindi), Extempore (Hindi & English), Debate competition (Hindi & English) were organized in the month of February, 2018.
- An expert lecture was conducted on Thalesemia was organized on 15/02/2018.
- Three days annual techno-cultural fest 2018 “TARANGINI 2K18” was organized from 08/03/2018 to 10/03/2018. Different cultural events (Dancing, Singing, Instrumental performances, Kavi Sammelan etc.) along with different Technical & fine arts events were included for the purpose of overall development of the students of the institute.
- Expert lecture on Biography of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar and his contribution in the Indian constitution was organized on 09/04/2018.
Workshop organized under TEQIP III
- Subject area workshop on “Human Values And Professional Ethics” was conducted under TEQIP III on 20 March 2018.
- Two days workshop on “education based outcome” was conducted under TEQIP III from 26 to 27 February 2018.
- On day orientation program was organized for guest faculty members on 27 August 2017.
Visitor Number :1129094
Copyright © All Rights Reserved | Engineering College Ajmer